DiskCountersView displays the system counters of each disk drive in your system, including the total number of read/write operations and the total number of read/write bytes. It also displays general drive information, like disk name, partition number, partition location, and so on.
DiskCountersView doesn’t require any installation process or additional DLL files. In order to start using it, simply run the executable file – DiskCountersView.exe
The main window of DiskCountersView displays the list of disk drives and their counters and other information. If you want to view the counters starting from a specific time, simply choose ‘Reset All Counter Values’ from the File menu (or press F7), and all counters will start from zero. You can always return back to the real system counters value by pressing F8.
In order to translate DiskCountersView to other language, follow the instructions below:
- Run DiskCountersView with /savelangfile parameter:
- DiskCountersView.exe /savelangfile
- A file named DiskCountersView_lng.ini will be created in the folder of DiskCountersView utility.
- Open the created language file in Notepad or in any other text editor.
- Translate all string entries to the desired language. Optionally, you can also add your name and/or a link to your Web site. (TranslatorName and TranslatorURL values) If you add this information, it’ll be used in the ‘About’ window.
- After you finish the translation, Run DiskCountersView, and all translated strings will be loaded from the language file.
If you want to run DiskCountersView without the translation, simply rename the language file, or move it to another folder.
This utility works on Windows XP,2003, 2008, Vista, and Windows 7.
Windows 2000 is also partly supported, but if you have one disk with multiple partitions, all partitions will be displayed with the same counters