The Drive Fitness Test (DFT) quickly and reliably tests SCSI, IDE
and SATA drives. The DFT analyze function performs read tests without
overwriting customer data. (Note: other DFT restoration utilities
may overwrite data.)
Supports Leading Drives
- Serial ATA.
- Parallel ATA.
Analyzes Drive Fitness
- Three modes of operation.
– High confidence level
– Full media scan
- Performs real-time analysis of your drive to quickly determine if
- Identifies system problems such as cable or temperatures.
- Automatically logs significant drive parameters to track potential
impacts to the drive operations (diskette version only).
Restores Drive Fitness
- Erase-boot-sector utility (Use option: Erase Boot Sector).
– Note: this utility overwrites customer data to allow repair of bad
- Low-level format utility (Use option: Erase Disk).
Note: this utility overwrites customer data to allow repair of bad sectors.
- Drive information.
- SMART operations for supported hard disk drives.