PassMark Fragger is a software tool that lets you fragment or defragment existing files in a controlled environment using user-selected settings. This utility is primarily used to benchmark the performance of third party defragmentation tools, or benchmark PC performance degradation due to file fragmentation. This software is unique to PassMark and is a world-first for fragmentation tools.
- Fragment or defragment individual files.
- Control the number and size of fragments.
- Control the position of fragments on the disk.
- Fragment existing files without using additional free space.
- Graphically view current fragmentation of a file.
- View detailed information about individual files.
- View cluster and cluster allocation information about the current volume.
- Output ranges of free and used disk clusters in the current volume to a text file.