gWaei is made to be a drop-in, more modern dictionary replacement for Gjiten. It’s largest feature over Gjiten is built in support for regular expression searches. For example, you can use periods in place of unknown kanji.It is made to be a modern drop in replacement for Gjiten with many of
the same features. The dictionary files it uses are from Jim Breen’s
WWWJDIC project and are installed separately through the program.
Features of gWaei
* Easy dictionary installation with a click of a button.
* Support for searching using regular expressions.
* Streams results so the interface is never frozen.
* Click Kanji in the results pane to look information on it.
* Simple interface that makes sense.
* Intelligent design. Tab switches dictionaries.
* Organizes relevant matches to the top of the results.
* Curl and libcurl