BirthdayScanner X 2.3.2 details
BirthdayScanner X is a powerful tool to extract birthdays and
anniversaries from your Address Book and import them to iCal and other
calendar programs. Then, iCal will remind you of upcoming anniversaries
– on your Mac and on your iPhone.
With BirthdayScanner X, you can:
– create events in iCal for all anniversaries (not only birthdays) in your Address Book
– save the anniversaries as a standard calendar file. Import them
to any calendar program – Microsoft Outlook, Mozilla Sunbird, Google
– bring the anniversaries to your iPhone – without a special iPhone application: just by syncing with your Mac.
– add reminders to the anniversary events
– customize the event text (now optimized to look good on the iPhone too)
What’s New in this Version
This is a maintenance release adding a fix for Snow Leopard and some minor new features
– Fixed the “Snow Leopard double entries” bug: importing birthdays
on Snow Leopard would generate double entries in iCal if the event
title contained the number of years ($years) for this anniversary
– BirthdayScanner X distinguishes now between birthdays, wedding
days, name days and memorial days (days of death) by examining keywords
in the event text, and shows appropriate symbols.
– A new placeholder, “$date”, to show the original date of the event in the event title
- Mac OS X 10.5 or later