PaintStar is a versatile digital image processing software suitable for
such tasks as retouching of photographs, composing and authoring
images, image morphing, screen capture, and displaying image thumbnail
in Windows Explorer context menu. It supports alpha, layer, path ,and
the most common editing techniques. PaintStar has many of the tools and
filters you would expect to find in commercial offerings, and some
interesting extras as well.
- Full suite of painting tools including paintbrush, pencil,
airbrush, filter brush, color retouching, blur/sharpening,smudge,and
cloning. Many customizable brushes, texture, gradient, and 26 methods
of combining modes suppported.
- Transformation tools including
rotate, scale, shear, perspective,flip,and wrap. Auto antialias supported.
- Image Morphing supported. With this technique, you can create
a sequence of intermediate frames that seamlessly transform one image
to another and generate output in a form of gif animation or image file
- Gradient Fill tools include
shapeburst. Multiple colors supported.
- Selection tools including rectangular, elliptical, free,
fuzzy and paths. Add, subtract, invert, antialias and feather
- Zoom 10% – 2000% display, and show grid supported.
- More then 30
File formatssupported include JPEG, GIF, PNG, TIFF, TGA, PCX, BMP and many others.
- Color conversion supported include several different dithering methods and palette options.
- Alpha channel (transparency) supported.
- Displays Histograms (RGB, HSV, HSL, CMYK).
- Displays EXIF information. EXIF 2.2 supported.
- TWAIN supported for scanners and
- Multiple Layers, 26 methods of combining modes suppported.
- Multiple Paths supported. You can add,delete,insert point to
the curve and adjust point in the curve just like vector drawing
programs such as Adobe Illustrator and Corel Draw.
- Multiple Undo and Redo supported.You can set up the number of Undo´s from 3 to 99.
- More than 100 Filters/Effects.Application of 3×3 filters supported.
- Screen capture supported.You can capture selected or fixed regions of the desktop, as well as
or individual controls (menus, dialogs etc.), which can be easily
selected by an on-screen indicator which outlines the area to be
- Displays thumbnail of selected image in Windows Explorer context menu just like ACD System Picaview.