MacProxy provides system-wide network proxy support for the Mac, including for applications without proxy support. Avoid proxy setup for each application, just enable MacProxy and your Mac’s network connections are forwarded to a proxy. MacProxy allows you to surf the internet from behind a LAN/firewall, easily tether your Mac to a SmartPhone/iPhone (requires a proxy server on your mobile device, such as Tether), and navigate the internet securely and anonymously.
MacProxy provides a simple and intuitive user interface via a menulet control and a System Preference pane. Easily enable/disable the proxy and quickly switch between multiple proxy servers.
- redirect almost all of your Mac’s network traffic to any compatible SOCKS proxy server
- works with browsers (Safari, Firefox), email (Mail), chat (iChat), FTP, telnet, and many more network applications
- enable/disable and switch the active proxy conveniently from a menulet
- create one or more proxy server entries
- track session statistics including the number of active connections, data sent, and data received
- DNS resolution through the proxy server
- secure browsing by hiding your IP address
- support for SOCKS proxy protocol versions 4, 4a, and 5 with userid and username/password authentication
- logging support