Splunk is software that indexes data from any application, server or network device enabling you to search and analyze billions of events across your IT infrastructure from one location in real time. Use Splunk to troubleshoot application problems and investigate security incidents in minutes instead of hours or days, monitor and alert to avoid service degradation or outages and deliver compliance at lower cost.
Features of Splunk
· Navigate web sessions, container calls and database transactions to investigate J2EE, LAMP, .Net and custom applications problems.
· Search Linux, Unix and Windows events across thousands of servers from one place to find problems and automate change analysis.
· Alert and report on terabytes of router, firewall, IDS, SNMP and syslog data to find and fix problems and automate security reporting.
· Trace inbound and outbound messages across complex MTA, antispam, authentication and delivery agent components in seconds.
· Speed your ability to answer questions from business people, help desk and customer support staff asking about customer transactions.