meta-iPod, the iTunes Cleaner can clean up an iTunes library with as many features as a Swiss Army Knife. From recovering ratings and play counts from your iPod to tracking down files or folders gone missing, meta-iPod analyzes all data sources containing your music to put the pieces of the puzzle back together.
- File Metadata & iTunes Database Label Comparison: By comparing these two labels to each other, meta-iPod can tells you if your tracks are mismatched which could indicate that your track has the wrong label. After finding mismatched tracks, meta-iPod lets you fix them quickly by selecting the appropriate labels.
- Automatically Assign Ratings: By analzying the play counts and skips counts of a track, metaiPod can help you quickly assign ratings to all tracks in your library.
- Album Art Download & iPod Transfer : Got album art? This feature automatically finds the tracks from iTunes with no album art, then lets you automaically search an iPod for matching artwork or download artwork from the internet.
- Scan folder sources & find tracks not in iTunes : The Lost Tracks feature lets you find out what’s really in your My Music folder. Do you have two copies of your music library on your computer with one just taking up space? This feature scans the folders on your computer and finds files that aren’t already in iTunes.
- iTunes No-Location Track Finder: Automatically find tracks with no location (!) in iTunes. Next, meta-iPod will search iTunes to see if that track has a duplicate already on your computer. If no duplicate is found, then it will rapidly check other analyzed data sources to see if it can find the tracks location automatically.
- Automatic Duplicate Track Removal : Have your ever tried to remove your duplicate tracks from iTunes, but found it tedious to go through the list removing 1 duplicate track at a time? The duplicate track analysis feature will automatically guess which track to delete so you can clean your duplicates in one fell swoop.
- iPod Play Count & Rating Recovery : Did you transfer music from your iPod to your computer and you lost your ratings and labels? Or did you rate a track on your iPod and can’t get that rating into iTunes? The Better Metadata feature chooses which play count or ratings are most up to date and applies that to iTunes.