Ever had the need to view the images stored in a database? Perhaps convert those images to another format? Or maybe export all those images to disk? Or export binary files stored in your database? Now you can perform all
those tasks faster than ever before using SQL Image Viewer.
SQL Image Viewer helps you retrieve, view, convert and export images stored in Firebird, MySQL, Oracle, SQLite, SQL Server, and various ODBC-supported databases (e.g. DB2 and PostgreSQL). It supports the following image formats: BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG, PSD, and TIFF, and recognises the following binary file types: PDF, HTML, XML, MP3, WAV, 7Z, BZ2, GZ, RAR, ZIP, and unprotected Microsoft Office files (DOC, DOCX, DOCM, DOTX, DOTM, XLS, XLSX, XLSM, XLSM, PPT, PPTX,
PPTM, POTX, POTM).
SQL Image Viewer helps you retrieve and view images directly from Firebird, MySQL, Oracle, SQLite and SQL Server databases, in addition to ODBC data sources (e.g. PostgreSQL and DB2). It also helps you export your images to disk, in their original format or converted to one of the supported formats (BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG, PSD, TIFF). It also allows you to export other binary data stored in your database to disk easily. You can export thousands of images using SQL Image Viewer, as it uses memory frugally. A built-in memory monitor also ensures that you do not overload your system with too many images.
Supports a variety of database engines:
- Supports Firebird 1.5 and 2.0.
- Supports MySQL 4.1.22 and 5.0.67.
- Supports Oracle 10g.
- Supports SQLite 3.
- Supports SQL Server 2000, 2005 and 2008.
- Supports DB2 9.5 and PostgreSQL 8 via ODBC drivers.
- Supports other database servers via their respective ODBC drivers.
Retrieve images using SQL syntax:
- Retrieve images using the respective database engine’s SQL syntax.
- Apply functions, join, and search arguments to selectively retrieve the images you want.
- Built-in memory monitor automatically cancels queries when the system performance is affected due to excessive images retrieved.
View image thumbnails in one of three layouts:
- View image thumbnails in one of three layouts: filmstrip, thumbnail and tiled.
- Supports the display of images stored in the following formats: BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG, PSD and TIFF
Export images and binary data to disk:
- Images can be exported to disk, in their original format or converted to one of the other supported formats i.e. BMP, GIF, JPEG, PDF, PNG, PSD and TIFF.
- One or more transformations can be applied to each exported image e.g. rotation, colorization, brightness etc.
- Enables the export of large amounts of images as images are fetched on demand from the database.
- Export binary data to disk, for both supported and unsupported file types.
- Progress monitor allows you to keep track of how many images have been exported, the duration taken and the size of each image
View image properties:
- View EXIF properties where available.
- Integrated image viewer allows you to zoom and pan images easily.
- Save individual images to disk, in its original format or in one of the other supported formats.
- Save selected regions of an image to disk, or copy to the clipboard.
- View individual frames of an animated GIF, or invididual pages of a multi-page TIFF document.
New In this version:
- Added command line interface to support automated exports.
- Added option to generate unique file names when the naming convention results in duplicate names.
- File extensions are no longer repeated when the generated file names already contain the correct extension.
- Bug fix: export process was hanging on damaged zip files.