ASP.NET ViewState Helper is designed to help all web developers, but
has specific features to help ASP.NET developers debug ViewState issues.
Analyze your web pages in real-time while you browse them using
Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher. ASP.NET ViewState Helper gives you very
detailed information to help you optimize your web application’s
performance. It allows you to see the following details about each page:
- Page’s total size: This is the total size of the web page shown in
the URL column
- ViewState size: This is the size of the ViewState field
- ViewState %: What percent of the total page size is being taken up
by the ViewState?
- Markup size: The size of HTML markup (non-visible text) on the page
- Markup %: What percent of the page consists of non-visible HTML
Double-click any URL in the list to bring up the ViewState Decoder
window. If the selected page contains a ViewState, it will be decoded
into plain text, and also broken down into a tree-view for easy