NetStumbler (also known as Network Stumbler) is a tool for Windows that facilitates detection of Wireless LANs using the 802.11b, 802.11a and 802.11g WLAN standards. It runs on Microsoft Windows 98 and above. A trimmed-down version called MiniStumbler is available for Windows CE.
- Verify that your network is set up the way you intended.
- Find locations with poor coverage in your WLAN.
- Detect other networks that might be causing interference with your network.
- Detect unauthorized "rogue"
access pointsin your workplace.
- Help aim directional antennas for long-haul WLAN links.
- Use it recreationally for WarDriving.