Global Network Inventory is a powerful and flexible software and hardware inventory system that can be used as an audit scanner in an agent-free and zero deployment environments. If used as an audit scanner, it only requires full administrator rights to the remote computers you wish to scan. Global Network Inventory can audit remote computers and even network appliances, including switches, network printers, document centers, etc.
Global Network Inventory agent can also be deployed to perform regular audits initiated through the domain login script when your users log on the network. In this scenario, Global Network Inventory agent is exported to a shared network directory, and audit results are collected in audit repository directory as snap files and later merged into the main database.
- Scan computers by IP range, by domain, single computers, or computers, defined by the Global Network Inventory host file.
- Reliable IP detection and identification of network appliances such as switches, network printers, document centers, and other devices.
- Scan only items that you need by customizing scan elements.
- View scan results, including historic results for all scans, individual machines, or selected number of addresses.
- Fully customizable layouts and color schemes on all views and reports. Export data to HTML, XML, Microsoft Excel, and text formats.
- Customizable printing.
- Schedule inventory scans to run at specified time, hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, and annually. Ability to generate reports on schedule after every scan, daily, weekly, or monthly.
- Reports can be saved on disk, sent via email, or both.
- The program comes with dozens of customizable reports. New reports can be easily added through the user interface.
- Audits can be performed by deploying a scan agent through the domain login script.
- Licenses are network-based rather than user-based. In addition, extra licenses to cover additional addresses can be purchased at any time if required.