The KOffice team had hoped to have time to make the user interface and available feature set ready for end users as well as make the underlying engine ready for external extension developers in time for 2.2. Unfortunately time and limited developer resources didn’t permit to reach both of these goals. The libraries have been reorganized and improved, but the user interface does still not reach the level of quality that the team wants to achieve.
Features of KOffice
· KWord – A frame-based word processor capable of professional standard documents
· KSpread – A powerful spreadsheet application.
· KPresenter – A full-featured presentation program.
· Kivio – A Visio-style flowcharting application.
· Karbon14 – A vector drawing application.
· Krita – A pixel-based image manipulation program like The GIMP or Adobe Photoshop.
· Kugar – A tool for generating business quality reports.
· KChart – An integrated graph and chart drawing tool.
· KFormula – A powerful formula editor.
· Kexi – An integrated environment for managing data.
· Filters – Import and Export Filters for KOffice.