Myth II: Soulblighter is a 1998 real-time tactics computer game for the PC and Macintosh developed by Bungie. It is a sequel to Myth: The Fallen Lords and second game in the Myth series, release on November 30, 1998. The game was later released in 1999 with an expansion entitled Myth II: Chimera, along with the first game in Myth: The Total Codex. The game was later ported to Linux by Loki Software. An additional game entitled Green Beret set during the Vietnam War was powered by the Myth II engine in 2001.
The features include an improved graphics engine, new multiplayer maps and units, along with an all new story and campaign. The story takes place after the events in The Fallen Lords, with Balor’s former ally Soulblighter once again bringing conflict to the lands of Myth.
– Support for high-resolution detail textures under OpenGL, bringing Myth’s graphics into the 21st century.
– Improvements to the in-game camera which make the game feel smoother and more responsive than ever before.
– A resizable overhead map, which can be easily scaled to any size by shift-clicking and dragging.
– A system to automatically find missing plugins, if they are available on The Tain.
– Support for high-resolution quicktime cutscenes.
– Numerous bug fixes eliminating many causes of crashing and Out of Sync errors.
– New mapmaking enhancements to allow for even more creative variations of gameplay in 3rd party add-ons.