Version 6 of F-PROT Antivirus for Linux is a new, significantly enhanced version that incorporates version 4 of F-PROT Scanning Engine which has been updated considerably compared to the previous version. F-PROT Antivirus for Linux now also supports both 32bit and 64bit versions of Linux x86.Due to major changes, the usage of many F-PROT subsystems have been changed in addition to normal upgrades.
F-PROT Antivirus for Linux x86 Mail Servers is a high speed virus protection that scans e-mail messages and attachments and detects, disinfects and deletes malicious programs, such as mass-mailers, worms, macro viruses and Trojan Horses.
It supports all popular mail servers running on Linux including Sendmail, Postfix and Qmail.
When an infected or suspicious object is found, the infection is removed. If this is not possible, then the message or attachments are removed and an appropriate message is appended to the e-mail informing the recipient of the action taken. In addition to this, F-Prot Antivirus also allows you to create backups of all incoming mail to ensure the security of your data.
F-PROT Antivirus for Linux x86 Mail Servers provides the same best of breed features as found throughout the F-PROT product line.
F-Prot Antivirus for Linux x86 Mail Servers includes:
* F-PROT Antivirus Command-Line Scanner (Technical details)
* F-PROT Antivirus Daemon Scanner (Technical details)
* F-PROT Antivirus Updater (Technical details)
* F-PROT Antivirus Mail Scanner (Technical details)
* F-PROT Antivirus Preloadable Library Call Wrapper (Technical details)
* Plug-ins for in-transit mail scanning with Sendmail, Postfix or Qmail systems (Technical details)
F-PROT Antivirus for Linux x86 Mail Servers:
* Scans for over 1382780 known viruses and their variants
* Removes viruses safely without damaging the original file
* Scans all mounted filesystems, directories or specific files
* Scans archives and compressed files
* Includes automated updates to the virus signature database
* Can be configured to perform scheduled scans when used with the cron utility
* Scans e-mail in transit with the three most widely used e-mail systems: Sendmail, Postfix, and Qmail.
* Intel Pentium or higher / AMD K5 or higher
* Most Linux distributions, including SUSE, Red Hat and Debian
* 60 MB of available hard disk space required, 100 MB recommended
* GNU C Library (glibc) 2.2.5 or compatible
* Perl 5.8 interpreter