Gnuzilla is the GNU version of the Mozilla suite, and GNU IceCat is the GNU version of the Firefox browser. Its main advantage is an ethical one: it is entirely free software. While the principal source code from the Mozilla project is free software, they distribute and recommend non-free software as plug-ins and addons. GnuPG is Free Software . GnuPG can be freely used, modified and distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
Project Aegypten provides Sphinx-Clients (Mutt, KMail, .) compatible to S/MIME within a GnuPG framework. Within this project a few new tools have been developed, most notably "gpgsm" as the S/MIME counterpart of "gpg".
Features of GnuPG
* Full replacement of PGP.
* Does not use any patented algorithms.
* GPLed, written from scratch.
* Can be used as a filter program.
* Full OpenPGP implementation (see RFC2440 at RFC Editor ).
* Optional anonymous message receivers.
* Integrated support for HKP keyservers
* Clears signed patch files which can still be processed by patch.