Get ready to rethink your choice of free PDF reader. Nuance PDF Reader enables you to do much more than just view PDF files. You can convert PDF files to Word, Excel, and RTF via a hosted web service. Use annotation tools to highlight, cross-out, and underline text for more effective collaboration. Even fill out and save PDF forms. Nuance PDF Reader takes up less disk space, is more secure than Adobe Reader, and works with virtually any PDF file. Best of all, it’s absolutely free, proving that you really can get a whole lot of something for nothing.
What sets Nuance PDF Reader apart from other free PDF software? It includes features typically found in premium products. Consider these advantages:
- Fill and save PDF forms — Most other PDF viewers do not enable you to fill and save PDF forms without support from a premium product. Nuance PDF Reader is perfect for all kinds of applications and forms, including childcare reimbursement forms, quarterly tax forms, expense reports, purchase orders, surveys and more.
- Use less disk space — At 200 MB, Adobe Reader takes up some serious disk space. Fully installed, Nuance PDF Reader uses less than 50 MB and you get features that you do not find in Adobe Reader. Talk about getting more for less.
- Annotate PDFs — PDF files are great for sharing information, but without the right tools, they’re not so great for collaboration. Nuance PDF Reader provides frequently used annotation tools, letting you highlight, cross-out, and underline text for real collaboration.
- Convert PDF files to Word, Excel, or RTF — With our free PDF Reader, you get the most accurate online PDF conversion available — without having to install extra software. No more copying and pasting or retyping PDF documents. Just use our hosted web service to convert PDF to Word, Excel, RTF or WordPerfect using Nuance’s industry-leading OCR technology. It’s never been easier to upload, convert, and start using information previously trapped in a PDF.
- PDF conversion available — without having to install extra software. No more copying and pasting or retyping PDF documents. Just use our hosted web service to convert PDF to Word, Excel, RTF or WordPerfect using Nuance’s industry-leading OCR technology. It’s never been easier to upload, convert, and start using information previously trapped in a PDF.
- Enjoy 100% compatibility with Adobe Acrobat — With support for all PDF standards up to the current version (1.7), Nuance Reader is 100% compatible with Adobe Acrobat. So you can be confident that it will work with virtually any PDF file.
- Work with PDF portfolios — In addition to supporting the full set of PDF standards, Nuance Reader supports PDF portfolios — collections of various file types assembled into a PDF. You can access each file independently of others in the portfolio and open them using the native authoring software.
- Integration with Microsoft SharePoint — Now you can access and open files stored in your SharePoint repository, or save edited files directly back to SharePoint all from within our free PDF Reader.