Mp3tag is a powerful and yet easy-to-use tool to edit metadata of
common audio formats where it supports ID3v1, ID3v2.3, ID3v2.4, iTunes
MP4, WMA, Vorbis Comments and APE Tags.
It can rename files
based on the tag information, replace characters or words in tags and
filenames, import/export tag information, create playlists and more.
supports online database lookups from, e.g., Amazon, discogs, or
freedb, allowing you to automatically gather proper tags and cover art
for your music library.
Mp3tag supports the following audio formats:
- Advanced Audio Coding (aac)
- Free Lossless Audio Codec (flac)
- Monkey’s Audio (ape)
- Mpeg Layer 3 (mp3)
- MPEG-4 (mp4 / m4a / m4b / iTunes compatible)
- Musepack (mpc)
- Ogg Vorbis (ogg)
- OptimFROG (ofr)
- OptimFROG DualStream (ofs)
- Speex (spx)
- Tom’s Audio Kompressor (tak)
- True Audio (tta)
- Windows Media Audio (wma)
- WavPack (wv)
- Batch Tag Editing
Write ID3v1.1, ID3v2.3, ID3v2.4, MP4, WMA, APEv2 Tags and Vorbis Comments to multiple files at once.
- Support for Cover Art
Download and add album covers to your files and make your library even more shiny.
- Import from Amazon, discogs, freedb, MusicBrainz
Save typing and import tags from online databases like Amazon, discogs, freedb, MusicBrainz, and more.
- Replace characters or words
Replace strings in tags and filenames (with support for Regular Expressions).
- Create Playlists automatically
Create and manage playlists automatically while editing.
- Rename files from tags
Rename files based on the tag information and import tags from filenames.
- Export to HTML, RTF, CSV
Generate nice reports and lists of your collection based on user-defined templates.
- Full Unicode Support
User-interface and tagging are fully Unicode compliant. Besides these main features Mp3tag offers a variety of other functions and features ranging
ranging from batch export of embedded album covers, over support for iTunes-specific tags like
media type or TV Show settings, to combining multiple actions into groups that can be applied
with a single mouse click.
· NEW: Explorer context menu entry now realised via dedicated shell extension.
· NEW: added field PRESENT keyword to filter for files that contain a specfic field in their tags.
· NEW: placeholder %_tool% for TAK now contains used TAK encoder version.
· NEW: support for reordering files via drag and drop at Tag Sources dialog.
· CHG: adjusted MP4 mediatype mappings to reflect changes in iTunes 9.
· CHG: COPYRIGHT field now maps to MP4 cprt atom.
· CHG: extended profile information displayed in %_vbr% for TAK files.
· CHG: file extension is now not selected when renaming files in file list.
· CHG: now displays technical information of the first audio track in MP4 (instead of the first track).
· CHG: SUBTITLE at MP4 now contains what previously was ITUNESPODCASTDESC which now contains the long description.
· CHG: Tag Sources selection dialog now remembers its selection state and sorting of search results.
· CHG: updated discogs web source.
· CHG: updated TAK decoder library tak_deco_lib.dll to TAK 2.0.0.
· CHG: user-defined fields are not truncated to 255 characters in MP4 anymore.
· FIX: menu 'Edit, Select all files' only worked if file list had focus.
· FIX: placeholder %_counter% was not available at action 'Export cover to file'.
· FIX: placeholder %_md5audio% now only available for audio formats tagged with ID3 and/or APE tags.
· FIX: removing files from filter result caused files that do not match the filter expression to be displayed.
· FIX: runtime error when sorting files after filtering with an invalid filter expression.
· FIX: sort indicator in file view was not reset if playlists were loaded or files were added.
· FIX: workaround for MP4 files with unconventional avcC atoms.