dtSearch Desktop provides instant searching of desktop-accessible files.
dtSearch can instantly search terabytes of text because it builds a search index that stores the location of words in documents. It also serve as tools for publishing, with instant text searching, large document collections to Web sites or CD/DVDs.
Special dtSearch Desktop features include:
- a scrolling word list, for instant feedback as you type in a search.
- a look-up word feature, detailing the effect of fuzzy, phonic, wildcard, stemming and thesaurus search options.
- browse and customize thesaurus options.
- a field button, showing all indexed document fields.
- a search history display.
- search reports, showing hits in retrieved documents, along with the requested amount of context.
- clipboard options, file launching, and other tools for working with retrieved data.
- exporting of search results in various data formats, for easy use with other programs.
- special forensic indexing and searching tools.