EasyEclipse Mobile Java is for developing Java applications for Mobile Devices, using J2ME.
Features and PlugInsincluded with ‘EasyEclipse Mobile Java’:
- Core components with a JDK:
- Eclipse Platform – Shared platform services from Eclipse
- Java JDK for Windows – Run Java application on Sun Java(tm) runtime, packaged for Eclipse use. (Windows only)
- Java JDK for Linux – Run Java application on Sun Java(tm) runtime, packaged for Eclipse use. (Linux only)
- Tools for general Java development:
- Eclipse Java Development Tools – Edit, compile, run, debug, test, refactor, document and deploy Java applications
- Eclipse Tools – Common libraries for various Eclipse projects
- Some essential utilities:
- AnyEdit Tools – Useful right-click menus in editors: "Open file under cursor", "Open type under cursor", adds white spaces, tabs, and entities conversions, et cetera.
- Eclipse Utils Plugins – Save the cursor position of editors when closing and re-opening a file. Access common team actions with explorer buttons
- Color Editor – Edit with syntax highlighting over 100+ file formats
- Tools for J2ME development:
- EclipseME – Develop, test and deploy Java Mobile (J2ME) mobile applications
- Database management tool:
- Removed since release 1.3.0: Eclipse Database tools – Access, manage and query SQL relational databases and servers
- Added in release 1.3.0: Eclipse Data Tools – Access and query relational databases with SQL
- QuantumDB – Access, manage and query SQL relational database and servers access using standard JDBC drivers
- Version Control tools:
- Eclipse CVS client – Access and manage projects in CVS repositories within Eclipse
- Subclipse – Access and manage Subversion repositories within Eclipse
Eclipse includes the user interface framework and widgetry (called SWT – Standard Widget Toolkit), the skeleton of the Eclipse application (the "Workbench") with its views, basic editor, button bars and menus, and shared IDE services such as: help; project navigation, search and management; team and CVS support; and related utilities.