WodHttpDLX is a HTTP client ActiveX control that provides easy, both high and low level access to the complete HTTP protocol. It’s primary purpose is to retrieve documents and other resources from the WEB. It was designed to be as programmer-friendly as possible. You will find it can be fully automated to get you requested resource, but also can be used by advanced programmers under complete control from your code.
Default behavior of wodHttpDLX is to do as much as possible to get resource you request – it will automatically connect, try to pass through proxy server (if set), try to authenticate with both proxy and the server, follow redirections,…, until it finally grabs requested resource, and then it will disconnect. If the problem occurs during this automation, you will receive notification about failure, so you can request the resource again using different information provided.
You can use wodHttpDLX to manually connect to the server, send request, check received response, parse received data by yourself – almost all aspect of HTTP protocol is covered by wodHttpDLX. You can have full control over it’s behavior if needed – it’s all up to you to decide which path you will go.
- Supports all known and unknown request methods: Get, Post, Put, Delete,…., and you can even use your custom ones
- Besides HTTP requests, it can also handle secured SSL/TLS requests
- Supports many different proxies, including Socks, MSProxy, Squid …
- Can authenticate both on Proxy, and on protected WEB pages
- Includes HTML Parser standalone component for easy extracting data from retrieved pages (more information here)
- Supports Basic, Digest and NTLM, authentications
- In SSL mode it can also authenticate using client certificate
- Has separate Request and Response objects
- Creates Cookies collection for both Request and Response objects to access cookies the easy way
- Has interface to help you post and upload data to the server – with ease!
- Provides access to retrieved resource through string property, but also through file on the disk
- Supports blocking and non-blocking mode
- Allows direct interaction with headers – you can check and set Cookies with just one line
- It is a standalone solution – no extra DLLs required!
- Fix in component waiting for response even server sent 204 (No content)