RUNZis a "pseudo-new" way to run (and install) software on Linux (only Ubuntu and Super OS supported at the moment, but I plan to support as many Linux distros as possible). Think of it as a something similar to windows .exe files. (maybe even more similar to .dmg files for the Mac). The RUNZ framework should be included in the next version of Super OS (SP1).
- Easy way to run apps
- works on GNOME, KDE, and most recent Linux distros
- Works for all users, even if they don’t have root powers: no need to know the root password or use "sudo" to run .runz files.
- Safe: All files ask if the users really wants to launch the file, also, everything runs as a regular user (non-root), making it safer
- Support for Portable Apps: just create a folder named "runz" in the same location of your .runz file (see images bellow) , and if your .runz file is a portable app, it will save all it’s settings to the "runz" folder
- Easy way to install SuperDebs