SimpleAuthority is a Certification Authority, or Certificate Authority (CA), that is designed to be very easy to use. It generates and manages keys and certificates that provide cryptographic digital identities for people and/or computer servers. These identities are designed to be used in other applications such as for:
- secure email – for digital signing and encryption of email
- document signing – including PDF, Word and OpenOffice documents
- VPN access – to provide a much higher level of security than username/password access
- client SSL authentication – to control access to an online service such as a subversion repository or wiki
- server SSL authentication – to authenticate a Web server to people within a known community
- code signing – including Java archives, Windows executables, etc.
- Mac OS X 10.5 or later