Data Backup 3 3.1 details
A powerful utility that allows you to backup, restore and
synchronize your valuable data with minimal effort. Whether you are a
new computer user or a seasoned professional, Data Backup 3 offers you
just the right amount of power, flexibility and ease-of-use to help you
protect your files fast.
Here is a brief description of the Data Backup’s characteristics:
No complicated setup – built-in backup sets to quickly backup your
iTunes or iPhoto files, other important data or your entire system.
· Custom create your own backup sets. Just drag and drop.
· "Fast Start" feature preselects the files to be backed up, saving you time (requires OS X 10.4+).
· Go "back in time" and see your files and directories, as they were when your backups happened.
· Schedule your backups to automatically run at a specific time, on a recurring basis or when a drive is connected.
· Have your Mac automatically wake from sleep to execute scheduled backups.
· Backups run whether you are logged in or not.
· Create a bootable clone of your hard drive.
· Choose to compress and/or password protect your backups.
· Backup to any mounted drive including FireWire, USB, ATA, or networked drives.
· Backup to CD/DVD disks automatically span on multiple disks.
· Creates an exact copy of a folder or a drive, including bootable OS X backups.
· Synchronize folders – perfect if you use more than one computer.
· Backup – simply drag your files and folders into Data Backup and select a destination drive and go!
· Restore – select the files and folders you want to restore, just like backup, but reverse the to and from folders.
· You can backup to or restore from any mounted drive including CD, DVD, ATA, SCSI, FireWire, USB, or networked volumes.
Bootable Backups – Clone your bootable drive to make a completely
bootable backup. Be up and running quickly if your main drive crashes
· Schedules – automatically run any Data Backup task on a specific days, dates or other recurring basis
· File Exceptions – specify files that are to never be backed up (such as system files or applications)
Versioned Backup – creates an exact copy of a folder or a disk, and
also saves older versions of the data to provide an evolution of the
· Incremental Backup – copies all files that have been modified since the last backup.
· Synchronization – makes two folders identical by copying missing files and replacing older files with newer files
Compression – backup and restore can automatically compress your data,
or you can compress data on your computer to save hard drive space.
What’s New in this Version
– Snow Leopard Compatible
- Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later