- Troubleshoot odd behavior, crashes, and the "spinning beach ball."
- Maintain data structures relied on by the system/applications to keep them running safely and smoothly.
- Optimize system settings to improve performance, save hard drive space, and conserve RAM.
- Customize your system to better fit your needs.
Program Customization and Automation
- Configurations: Individual "Tasks" use "Configurations" to define exactly how they do their jobs.
Sockscomes with a variety of convenient built-in configurations, and allows you to easily modify existing configurations and create new configurations for your specific needs and desires.
Socksallows you to create lists of tasks, or "Queues," that run tasks in succession, allowing you to leave your computer while it performs any number of tasks on its own. Socksincludes several built-in queues, and the ability to modify existing queues and create new queues in a similar fashion as task configurations.
- Schedules: Queues can be scheduled to run at specific times of the day and repeat at regular intervals. This allows your computer to execute tasks automatically.
Sockscan even run queues automatically in the event your system crashes.