The Extended Task Manager provides additional Windows process
management features and information about disk activity and network port
The new "Disk I/O" chart allows you to monitor which applications
utilize most of your disk at the moment.
The network port monitoring feature allows you to see who is connected
to your computer and from which IP address, and who you are connecting
Another useful feature is the ability to locate Windows processes that
lock a specific file. For example if you are unable to delete or rename a
file, you can quickly find how it is used and possibly exit or kill the
application that locks it.
The free Extended Task Manager includes various other features that
make it a great alternative to the standard Windows Task Manager.
Extended Task Manager features:
- Displays disk input/output activity with information about related
- Displays network port activity with IP addresses of external
- Displays information about applications that utilized most of the
CPU or memory at any time presented on the charts
- Displays all files locked by a select process.
- Finds all processes locking a specified file.
- Includes "Summary" tab for quickly assessing the overall state of
the Windows system
- Allows freezing individual Windows processes
- Offer various visual and functional improvements over the standard
Windows Task Manager