Environment variables are strings that contain information such as drive, path, or file name. They control the behavior of various programs. For example, the TEMP environment variable specifies the location in which programs place temporary files.
Features of Rapid Environment Editor
· Editable tree
· Show environment variables and values as an editable tree.
· Portable mode
· RapidEE doesn’t require installation and could be run as a "portable application".
· Error checking
· Automatically checking for invalid pathnames and filenames
· Multilanguage interface
· RapidEE is translated into number of languages (English, Russian, Japanese, French, Polish, German, Italian), and the language can be changed on the fly.
· Variable inspector
· Inspector shows miscellaneous information about variables: name, type, value, short file name in the 8.3 naming convention for each long file name and vice versa.
· No typing
· You don’t need to type long pathnames. Just choose path using File Explorer tree
· Easy values manipulation
· RapidEE supports drag’n’drop for reordering of variable values
· Environment variables can be backuped to the registry file (.reg)
· Skins allow you to change the look and feel of RapidEE