You can now avail Windows Server 2008 R2 free for 180 days. Windows Server 2008 R2 builds on the award-winning foundation of Windows Server 2008, expanding existing technology and adding new features to enable organizations to increase the reliability and flexibility of their server infrastructures. New virtualization tools, Web resources, management enhancements, and exciting Windows 7 integration help save time, reduce costs, and provide a platform for a dynamic and efficiently managed datacenter. Powerful tools such as Internet Information Services (IIS) version 7.5, updated Server Manager and Hyper-V platforms and Windows PowerShell version 2.0 combine to give customers greater control, increased efficiency and the ability to react to front-line business needs faster than ever before.
- Processor : Minimum: 1.4 GHz (x64 processor. An Intel Itanium 2 processor is required for Windows Server 2008 for Itanium-Based Systems
- Memory : Minimum: 512 MB RAM . Maximum: 8 GB (Foundation) or 32 GB (Standard) or 2 TB (Enterprise, Datacenter, and Itanium-Based Systems)
- Disk Space Requirements : Minimum: 32 GB or greater. Foundation: 10 GB or greater. Computers with more than 16 GB of RAM will require more disk space for paging, hibernation, and dump files.
- Display : Super VGA (800 × 600) or higher resolution monitor
- Other : DVD Drive, Keyboard and Microsoft Mouse (or compatible pointing device), Internet access (fees may apply)
Microsoft also provides Windows Server 2008 R2 Multilingual User Interface Language Packs. MUI Language Packs enable a multilingual user interface in a Windows Server 2008 R2 environment. Adding one or more language packs to a Windows Server 2008 R2 image enables one or more languages in the installed Windows Server operating system, allowing corporations to deploy the same Windows Server 2008 R2 image worldwide while still providing localized user interfaces.