TopStyle contains powerful tools for building standards-compliant web sites.
- Preview CSS while you write it.
- Easily create pleasant color schemes for your site.
- Style Checker validates your CSS syntax against multiple browsers.
- Use Site Reports to see at-a-glance where CSS styles are used in your site.
- Style Upgrade quickly replaces all outdated HTML code with equivalent CSS styling.
What’s new in TopStyle 4?
TopStyle allows you to save your document ANSI-encoded (the TopStyle
3.x default), or Unicode-encoded (UTF-8 or UTF-16). When you open an
existing document, TopStyle will auto-detect the encoding for the
document you’re trying to open.
FTP editing. The new FTP Explorer Panel allows you to edit online
documents via FTP. When you save your document, it is automatically
uploaded to your FTP site.
toolbar. TopStyle comes with a new, user-configurable HTML toolbar that
is displayed above the editor. Simply drag-n-drop any snippet from this
HTML toolbar into your document.
CSS definitions. TopStyle includes new CSS definitions for IE8
(Microsoft Internet Explorer 8), FF3 (Mozilla FireFox 3), SF3 (Apple
Safari 3), and SF4 (Apple Safari 4).
TopStyle contains new powerful commands for navigating your documents,
including 10 bookmarked locations for each document.
- iPhone (and iPod touch) webapp development. TopStyle includes iWebKit,
a simple and advanced development framework for iPhone (and iPod touch)
webapp development. In addition to iWebKit, TopStyle includes new CSS
definitions for iPhone OS 1.1 and iPhone OS 2.0. Last but not least,
TopStyle includes a new *internal* preview for Apple Safari.
- Improved inline style. Inline style attributes (eg. style="|") support CSS color-coding and CSS Insight (Ctrl+Space).
5. TopStyle includes a new HTML definition for HTML 5 and a new HTML 5
template. TopStyle supports the new !DOCTYPE for HTML 5.
- IE8 document compatibility.
TopStyle allows you to switch IE8 document compatibility mode easily,
and compare different IE8 document compatibility modes in it’s
CSS Insight. CSS shorthand (sub)property values are grouped. Insight
includes recently used colors (CSS color properties only).
spelling (HTML only). TopStyle identifies spelling errors as you type
with wavy red underlines, and allows you to act upon each identified
problem with a new context menu.
for the latest web browsers. TopStyle auto-detects the latest web
browsers, including Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Opera, and Google
- Improved integration. TopStyle includes improved integration with HTML Tidy and CSE HTML Validator, including HTML link validation.