How to Customize the XP installation CD
The installation CD of XP can be easily customized, which saves time
during a reinstallation. Here is the method mainly on the integration
of drivers in this CD, especially useful when installing XP on a PC
with SATA drives and with no floppy drive.
to include a SATA driver, it is strongly recommended not to include
anything else. To include other elements of XP, make another CD, which
will serve to update the previously installed XP.
- In the case of nVIDIA RAID drivers, the procedure is different from that described in this article. It was published here.
it comes only to include SP3 in an old installation CD (XP or XP SP1 or
XP SP2), the procedure is different and more simple, which will be
explained later or you can get many tutorials freely on the net.
Integrate SATA drivers into the XP installation CD
sure you have two spaces of 600 to 700 MB on the PC (one for the copy
of XP, one for the modified copy of XP). When the XP there will be
burned, these spaces can be eliminated.
- Copy the XP CD in a directory of the hard drive (eg WinXP). The size of an original XP does not exceed 600 MB
the SATA drivers (usually on the CD that came with the motherboard of
the PC, or on the disk that came with the motherboard or hard disk
SATA) and copy them to a directory of the disk (eg SATADriver )
- Download and install nlitement (about 2 MB). Upon installation, you can choose the language.
on "Next" to start the procedure, and then click the "Browse" button to
indicate the directory location of the XP copy on the hard disk. (The
size of modified XP may vary from 450 to 700 MB, depending on options
- Click on "Next" screen "Presets" appears, ignore it
here. Click on the "Next" button. The display of "tasks" appears, click
on the "Drivers". (A few remarks on the different "tasks" is found at
the end of this article).
- Answer "Yes" to the message "Do you want to start the process?"
The display "in progress" appears, wait a few seconds.
- Click on "Next" and then "Finish".
- Nlitement restart several times and click on the "Next" button to get to the "Presets" and select "Last session".
- Click on "Next" and the "selection task", click on the "bootable ISO" then click "Next" to arrive at the "ISO bootable".
- Mode select "Create image" in the window box, then click "Create ISO"
a blank CD-ROM (once) in the CD, and then repeat the procedure this
time choosing "Burn Image" in the top left. (Those who prefer can burn
this iso file with their usual drive).
- The CD is ready at the
end of this procedure. Optionally, restart the PC with enabled "Start
on the CD" in the BIOS to verify that the CD starts on installing XP.
Allow the installation started, and the cancellation of the option is
nlitement can be started several times to change the ISO prepared earlier.
In this case, each time select "Last session" in the "Presets".
Thus, following the method described above for the drivers:
- It is possible to use other options (like adding a few add-ons that is very convenient to choose from the site of nlitement),
but it is strongly advised to use the "Automation" in the case of
adding pilot mode, under penalty for not taking into account drivers
when installing XP from the CD.
- It is also possible to add the
SP3 (Service Pack 3) XP directly on the CD by clicking the "Service
Pack" in the "Select task". In this case, download SP3 here, noting the location on your hard disk will be used when clicking the button "Select the service pack."
- It is possible to directly configure hundreds of options for XP. To do this, click on "enhancements" in the "Task Selection".
When the "Advanced" from the "Options" window is checked, additional
options appear in red in the list. Use these additional options in case
all, do not hesitate to use the "Preview / Print this article below for
a printed copy of this message to hand during the operation.
- Integration of XP SP3 can be directly and easily, without tools, using the method of this article.