Breeze Systems announce the immediate availability of DSLR Remote Pro for Mac 1.0; Mac OS X based software to control Canon DSLR cameras from an Intel Mac. Breeze Systems’ highly regarded software has been used to control Canon cameras on Windows PCs since 2001. DSLR Remote Pro for Mac is the first full release of similar software for the Mac community. DSLR Remote Pro for Mac supports both current and older Canon cameras including the Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III, 1D Mark III, 1Ds Mark II, 1D Mark IIN, 1D Mark II, 5D Mark II, 5D, 50D, 40D, 30D, 20D, 1000D/Rebel XS, 500D/Rebel T1i, 450D/Rebel XSi, 400D/Rebel XTi and 350D/Rebel XT.
It offers a straightforward, easy to use tool to control Canon DSLR cameras from a Mac, display live images on a Mac’s screen, autofocus and manually control focus from the computer, automatic taking of shots for focus stacking, plus comprehensive time lapse control. The large preview image optionally displays flashing highlights to indicate over-exposed areas, grid overlay and crop marks to assist accurate alignment, black and white images and focus point overlay. Customers can view pictures without interrupting shooting.
DSLR Remote Pro for Mac has a clear user interface with easy access to camera settings. This enables professional photographers to:-
- Control Canon DSLR cameras from an Intel Mac running Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger), OS X 10.5 (Leopard) or OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
- Display live images on the computer screen (Canon EOS-1D Mark III, EOS-1Ds Mark III, EOS 5D Mark II, EOS 40D, EOS 50D, EOS 500D/Rebel T1i, EOS 450D/Rebel XSi and EOS 1000D/Rebel XS only)
- Auto focus and manually control focus from a Mac (Canon EOS-1D Mark III, EOS-1Ds Mark III, EOS 5D Mark II, EOS 40D, EOS 50D, EOS 500D/Rebel T1i, EOS 450D/Rebel XSi and EOS 1000D/Rebel XS only)
- See large high quality previews of shots on your Mac within seconds
- Enable customers to view pictures while you continue shooting
- Increase control for time lapse photography
- Preview images in black and white or color
- Take HDR photos by automatically bracketing up to 15 shots varying the shutter speed or aperture
- Store images directly onto the hard disk of a computer ready for onward transmission (e.g. by FTP to a picture desk)
The software is now available at an introductory price of US $75.This offer is available until the end of October 2009 after which time the price will be US $95.