McAfee Online Backup Safely Stores and Encrypts Files Online in Case of Computer Failure or Data Loss
The world’s largest dedicated security company, McAfee, Inc., announced the availability of McAfee Online Backup, a new secure online service for consumers that stores and encrypts digital assets such as photos, videos, music, e-mails and other files.
Industry research shows a strong market need for a secure, automated, and simple to use online backup solution:
- Every week 140,000 hard drives will crash in the United States (according to Google Labs)
- Every week 12,000 laptops are lost or stolen in U.S. airports (according to Dell & Ponemon Institute LLC)
- 70% of data losses are due to events beyond user control (according to a study by Pepperdine University)
- U.S. consumers own, on average, nearly 1,800 digital files each, yet more than half (52%) don’t backup their data because they don’t know how, believe it takes too much time or don’t have the tools needed to backup (according to the Consumer Electronics Association)
McAfee Online Backup is a completely automated service that offers unlimited capacity — consumers do not need to remember when to back up files or decide which files are important to backup and which are not. A secure server online ensures all of their precious files remain safe in the event something happens to their computer.
McAfee Online Backup Key Benefits
The McAfee Online Backup service offers consumers:
- Unlimited file storage: Unlike other backup solutions, McAfee Online Backup has no storage limits so busy consumers don’t have to take the time to prioritize their important data.
- Safe and secure online backup: In case of a catastrophe or device failure, consumers’ files are safely encrypted and stored on a secure remote server online by the world’s largest dedicated security company. The files are easily retrievable with just a few clicks.
- Easy setup for automatic backup: After a simple installation, the backup process is completely automatic and will happen in the background at regular intervals that can be customized by the consumer.
“The McAfee Online Backup service addresses many of consumers’ concerns about safely and easily storing their important files with unlimited storage capacity. It completely eliminates the hassle of backup: set-up takes just a few easy steps, and then the service securely backs up files automatically at regular intervals,” said Brent Remai, vice president of consumer marketing at McAfee. “It’s the perfect solution for anyone with a PC, but specifically the member of the family who manages the family’s digital photos, videos, music and other files. They no longer need to worry about disk failure, file corruption or other disasters such as home theft or fires.”