Sprint, home of America’s most dependable 3G network, announced today the formation of its Small Business specialty team to sharpen the company’s focus on the rapidly growing small business market segment.
Formation of the Small Business team demonstrates Sprint’s intent to capture a leading share of the segment’s growth by dedicating resources, customizing products, and developing special offers for small business owners. This team will reside in Sprint’s Business Markets Group, formed earlier this year.
“Many small business owners realize that technology can greatly enhance the way they do business but are unsure about where to start or what products are best,” said Carrie MacGillivray, senior analyst, SMB Markets: Mobility at IDC. “These business owners are looking for a provider with a broad portfolio, multiple channels to reach them directly and the necessary tools to educate them on the best communications solutions for their business. A service provider that can provide these critical pieces will be well-positioned to win small businesses’ trust and help them streamline their communications and overall management of their company.”
The Small Business team will serve as a single, common interface for all groups across Sprint that sell and serve small business clients to ensure consistent focus on addressing the unique needs of business owners and their employees. The Sprint groups include marketing, customer experience, product development and all channels that reach small business customers, including telesales, online/web, Sprint retail stores, and third-party retail partners.
“Sprint is well-positioned to help the small business community explore, embrace and maximize new technology that enables them to easily stay connected to customers and access critical information from virtually wherever they are,” said Tom Shaughnessy, managing director of Small Business, Sprint. “We offer the best solutions for small businesses – no matter their industry or communications needs. Our distribution channels, which include a robust Web site, well-trained retail locations and a strong network of indirect dealers, are ideally suited to serve this community regardless of how they purchase voice and data products.”
The Small Business team will introduce new market-based resources and expand on existing programs available to small business customers today, including:
* businessonmain.com, a small business community Web site that is a partnership with MSN and popular one-stop shop with tips and tools to enhance business operations and productivity, access to expert sources who can provide information that can be applied immediately, and a direct connection to interact and build relationships with other entrepreneurs.
* Ready Now for Business, a program that ensures business customers clients have a positive experience in Sprint retail stores and preferred retailers. Retail sales associates work with customers to ensure the correct rate plan, device and additional features are matched with the business needs of the client. Before leaving the store all the features, services and applications have been activated and trained.
* New certified indirect dealers that focus on selling and serving the small business community.
* New market-based Small Business Account Executives provide support and training for Sprint retail locations and local certified dealers.
* Sprint Premier Care, a team that focuses on proactive and specialized support for small business customers with one to 24 wireless devices.
Sprint, named by PC World as the most reliable 3G network overall among top U.S. carriers in a 13-city 3G performance test,** also offers a large portfolio of wireline and wireless products and services to meet the needs of small businesses, including:
* Sprint is the first and only wireless 4G network from a national carrier, and it was the first national wireless carrier to launch a nationwide 3G network.
* The newly announced Sprint Business AdvantageSM pricing plans delivers more value with business-grade communications tools at a price that beats competitors. Customers who select the Business Advantage Messaging and Data plan will also benefit from the Any Mobile, AnytimeSM voice feature, which means unlimited everything – messaging, data, voice – to any of the more than 250 million U.S. wireless users at any time.
* Sprint offers the broadest portfolio of mobile devices, including smart phones, operating systems and mobile broadband connection devices, as well as the largest portfolio of rugged devices.
* Nextel Direct Connect is the fastest national push-to-talk network with the only guaranteed call setup times of less than one second and the world’s largest community of users. Furthermore, the Nextel Direct Connect Custom Plans® allow businesses to easily select a plan that includes the tools their workgroups use most and the flexibility to add a bucket of minutes based on actual usage.
* A deep history in serving vertical industries, such as construction and field services, transportation, professional services, retail and public safety, with tailored solutions to meet each industry’s specific needs.
* Sprint has the industry’s largest portfolio of GPS, inventory and fleet management, dispatch operations and workforce management applications.
Sprint’s Business Markets Group (BMG) is composed of more than 4,000 sales, support, marketing and operations personnel solely dedicated to enterprise, small and medium-sized business and public sector customers. BMG delivers wireless, wireline and converged solutions for companies, drawing on the nation’s most dependable 3G mobile broadband network, 4G capabilities that are well ahead of Sprint’s competition, the fastest national push-to-talk network,*** and a comprehensive solutions portfolio of devices and applications.