VirtoSoftware announces a new simple and effective service for Microsoft SharePoint 2007 for routing incoming emails from POP3 servers.
Microsoft SharePoint 2007 enables incoming email routing. SharePoint default email service collects messages from specified email addresses and put the information from the messages into a predefined SharePoint list. The service is often used for organizing some help desk or customer support services, where processing incoming mail usually serves as the first step in the workflow scheme.
However, the default SharePoint service has some shortcomings that restrict its usefulness, and applicability. First, it allows collecting email messages from SMTP servers only. Second, it does not allow for collecting emails from more than one mail server or domain. Third, the service supports only default SharePoint list types and cannot put email information to a list of a custom type. Finally, the deployment and setting up procedures are not that quick and simple.
Virtosoftware offers an alternative solution that on the one hand is much simpler in deployment and usage and on the other hand provides SharePoint users with additional features. In addition to all the features available when using the default email service Virto Incoming SharePoint Email Service allows for collecting mail from POP3 servers, collecting mail from multiple email servers and domains and enables gathering information from emails in SharePoint lists of any type including custom ones.
1. Collecting e-mails from several POP3 Server to Single SharePoint List.
2. Saving incoming mail to any type of SharePoint List including custom.
3. Using special Incoming E-mail List Templates.
4. Fields EmailTo, EmailCc, EmailFrom, EmailSubject, EmailHtmlBody are added to the List automatically.
5. Original email message as well as all attachments is available through the List.
6. Email Document Object Model (EDOM) for developers is supported.
7. Extracting e-mail attachments from Outlook "winmail.dat" file.