Newest Major Release Adds Amazon EC2 Cloud Integration, Boosts Scalability and
Further Enhances User Experience
JetBrains, the creators of intelligent, productivity-enhancing development
tools, announced today the public availability of TeamCity 5.0, the company’s
award-winning distributed build management and continuous integration tool.
TeamCity offers easy setup and delivers out-of-the-box continuous unit
testing, sophisticated code quality analysis, and early reporting on build
problems. It has a gentle learning curve, so you can quickly improve your
release management practices by gradually adopting its advanced features and
"Every day we meet more and more customers with large build infrastructures
and very high environmental diversity," – says
TeamCity Project Manager. "There is definitely a strong demand for an extremely scalable, robust, and ready continuous integration solution – and that’s exactly what the latest TeamCity release is designed to provide. At the same time, we’re still going strong with end-user features for developers, and were able to add a great deal of usability improvements and an enhanced user experience."
TeamCity 5.0 brings a huge potential improvement in scalability by
reinforcing its distributed build grid with Amazon EC2 cloud integration.
Features such as build configuration templates, project archiving, and
backup&restore eliminate unnecessary redundancy and hassle in configuring
large build infrastructures. To make TeamCity feel at home everywhere and
benefit developer productivity, we’ve added issue tracker integration, better
support for Maven, Command line tool for personal builds, and many other
Key features in this release include:
– Support for Amazon EC2: Take advantage of cloud computing with TeamCity by putting build agents on Amazon EC2 cloud with on-demand image starting and on-idle stopping.
– Issue tracker integration with JetBrains YouTrack, JIRA and Bugzilla out of the box, plus an API for the integration plugins for other systems.
– Maven support improvements, including simplified build configuration creation from POM file, and build triggering on Maven artifacts change.
– Build configuration templates for eliminating redundancy in build configurations settings.
– Project archiving for putting no-longer-active projects out of sight.
– Command line tool for running Personal builds on server without IDE integration.
– Backup & Restore added to simplify TeamCity maintenance, and the migration tool re-implemented.
Other improvements include:
– Now you can view the status of a change across all build configurations on a single page.
– Failure responsibility feature has been advanced to cover not only builds, but also individual test failures.
– Various actions made by TeamCity users are now stored in the Audit log which can be browsed from the web UI.
– Code coverage analysis has been significantly improved for both Java (based on IntelliJ IDEA coverage engine) and .NET (support for
NCover and PartCover).
– And many more.
Additionally, TeamCity 5.0 extends existing integrations and brings several new ones:
– Git & Mercurial support are now bundled with TeamCity.
– Remote Run now works for Git from IntelliJ IDEA & Eclipse.
– New support for Cucumber, Shoulda, Test-Spec in Rake runner.
– TeamCity IntelliJ IDEA plugin now works with IntelliJ IDEA Community Edition and RubyMine 2.0.
Complete product information about JetBrains TeamCity is available at http://www.jetbrains.com/teamcity/?teamcity50.
TeamCity 5.0 Professional is available for FREE for all small- and
middle-sized development teams and can be downloaded at http://www.jetbrains.com/teamcity/download/?teamcity50.
TeamCity 5.0 Enterprise is available for a 60-day free trial at http://www.jetbrains.com/teamcity/download/?teamcity50.
TeamCity 5.0 is available under commercial and personal licensing. New
customers can purchase TeamCity 5.0 online at http://www.jetbrains.com/teamcity/buy/?teamcity50.
Existing customers can upgrade to version 5.0 after purchasing a 1-year
subscription for software updates at http://www.jetbrains.com/teamcity/buy/?teamcity50.