Futuremark Games Studio today released the dedicated server for
Shattered Horizon, their multiplayer first-person shooter played in
zero gravity. With dedicated servers PC gamers can choose how they want
to play Shattered Horizon and who they want to play with, giving them
greater protection from cheats, hackers and griefers and more control
over the game’s settings. http://www.shatteredhorizon.com/
The release of the dedicated server was accompanied by a minor
game update and a new bundle offer from the Futuremark Store that
includes Shattered Horizon and 3DMark Vantage Advanced Edition
"PC gamers expect dedicated servers in a multiplayer game," said
Jaakko Haapasalo, producer. "We have been working closely with selected
hosting partners to ensure that the Shattered Horizon dedicated server
includes the features that are most important to our community."
Dedicated server features
- GUI for creating custom level rotations, game settings and player limits.
- Custom server name, graphic and information URL.
passwordprotection for private matches.
- Remote admin console accessible within Shattered Horizon game client.
- Configurable auto-kick / ban for team-killers and high-ping connections.
- Built-in anti-cheat detection with configurable auto-kick / ban.
- Admin manual kick / ban.
- Support for VAC.
- Registered servers can submit player stats and achievements to the official leaderboards (registration is optional and free).
- LAN game support.
operating systems: Windows XP,
Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008.
Note, DirectX 10 is not required for running a Shattered Horizon
Players and server hosting companies can download the Shattered Horizon server files now from the "Tools" tab within Steam.
Shattered Horizon Update 22.214.171.124
The release of the server is accompanied by a minor game update.
- HUD: Ammo count is no longer shown in scoped mode when running silent.
- HUD: When a player tries to capture a control point that is blocked by
an enemy player the word “Blocked” will appear on the HUD.
- HUD: Chat is now enabled during silent running or while EMPed.
- Network protocol updated to support new server features.
- Added console for remote server control.
- Added "rules" section to in-game server browser, so players can choose
servers with or without friendly fire or team auto-balancing for
- Server disconnect messages now include more information
about the reason for disconnection for example, kicked for cheating,
team-killing or high ping.
- Bug fix: Improved error handling during start-up logo videos.