Geometric Limited, a leader in Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), Engineering Services and Offshore Product Development (OPD) solutions and technologies, today announced the release of NestLib 2009 R3 with improvements in algorithms for material utilization for sheet metal punching.
NestLib is one of the most successful nesting technologies in the market, focused on optimizing two dimensional packaging. It has been licensed by over 90 independent software vendors and original equipment manufacturers worldwide.
The highlights of the new version include:
- Introduction of a new algorithm that allows punch profiles to be nested outside the sheet boundary. This results in improved material utilization in sheet metal punching operations.
- Extension of support for inclined guillotine cuts by providing the edge matching feature, for the wood working industry.
- A new feature that allows sharing of punch profiles only with copies of the same part. This makes the punching operations easier and safer.
- Enhancements to the Grid Fit module which lets users specify their preferred nesting direction, when optimizing nested layouts
NestLib is recognized as one of the fastest and most efficient nesting libraries. It provides optimized, high speed and robust algorithms for fully automated True Shape nesting. The NestLib portfolio consists of a base module and a set of optional advanced modules, each of which provides specialized functionality. These include:
- Shear nesting module for saw parts requiring end to end cutting
- Common Punch module specially designed for parts to be cut using punching machines
- Leather nesting module for leather parts with different quality patterns
- Remnant generation module for automatic remnant creation after nesting
- Tube nesting module for tube cutting and pipe cutting
- Common Cut module for nesting adjacent parts such that they share a common flame path.
NestLib is available as a static library, Dynamic linked library (DLL), and COM DLL. It also supports Java and .NET framework. NestLib is available for 32 -bit and 64 -bit Microsoft Windows OS as well as for Sun Solaris and Linux platforms. It can be ported to Mac OS on demand. NestLib also supports multi-core computing for both dual core and quad core computers.