Konami began to communicate for its next football game PES 2014, spreading its first in-game images and features of the improvements implemented since the previous series.
PES 2014 is finally starting to show its new discovery. The next football game from Konami will use a new graphics engine, called the Fox Engine, that will be employed in the next Metal Gear Solid 5 as well.
The editor provides us with the first images of the game that highlights the visual enhancements made since the old series currently on sale. The game revolves around a few new features, namely:
- TrueBall Tech: better management of the movement of the ball, the stature of the players, the speed and height of the pass.
- Motion Animation Stability System (MASS): Improved contacts between players, tackles and decisions taken in the field by the AI.
- Heart: The support of the fans will now have an impact on the performance of a team, which is encouraging. In the field, the performance of a player will also have an effect on his team, improving the morale of his teammates if he performs an unusual action, forcing other players to support it or not.
- PES ID: The Player ID can recreate the movement and skills for more great players in PES 2013, also including some teams.
- Team Play: New System Combination Plan to implement various tactics to strategic locations on the ground with two or three players. These players have a particular weaknesses exploit in defense or midfield manner, using the sides or making themselves available.
Unfortunately, a severe blow was dealt to the game: the community manager for Konami Europe – Adam Bhatti – just confirmed on Twitter that PES 2014 will not come out on PS4, Xbox One and PS Vita.