TimeStream Software today announces a new Application Store for the iPod Classic, iPod Video and iPod nano. Now, what the App Store is to the iPhone, Notescasts is to the iPod legacy devices. Notescasts is a digital download store which allows anyone to develop and post their own Notescasts or download a Notescast(R) to their iPod from a growing selection of free and inexpensive titles ranging from $0.99 to $1.99.
"Notescasts turn every iPod worldwide into a powerful eReader.", said Mike Westby of TimeStream Software. "The iPod beats the Kindle, nook and Sony eReader by delivering interactive text, photos, video, audio and, most importantly, a color screen, which is actually wider than the iPhone’s. Our Notescasts are what makes this happen."
Notescasts install to the "Notes" feature already found on users’ iPods and consist of hundreds of pages of interactive text embedded with links to related photos, video, audio and additional information. Notescasts available for free or inexpensive downloads from the www.Notescasts web site include books, guides, mobile marketing titles, etc., and include such titles as:
* "The Walt Disney World Guide" Notescast
* "Secrets of Walt Disney World" Notescast
* "Disneyland Guide" Notescast
* "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer" Notescast
* "The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes" Notescast
* "Alice in Wonderland" Notescast
* "Pride and Prejudice" Notescast
* "Rubber to the Road Cycling Guide" Notescast
* "Top 10 Yosemite Hikes" Notescast
* "Glacier National Park Guide" Notecast
* "The Sheraton Maui Resort" Notescast
* The "Hilton, located in Walt Disney World Resort" Notescast
* And More
"Like the App Store, users may also develop and post their own Notescasts on any topic they choose." continued Mr. Westby "Our popular 21-page ‘How to Write a Notescast’ is a free and easy-to-use guide, and it’s available on the web site."
Notescasts are compatible with the iPod Classic, iPod Video and iPod nano in both Windows and Macintosh formats. What the App Store is for the iPhone, Notescasts is to the iPod Classic and iPod nano. iPod owners can download (and post) many different Notescasts from a growing list of free and inexpensive titles at Notescasts.