aiwan Commate Computer Inc. (COMMELL), announced its new USB 3.0
Super-Speed PCI Express mini card — MPX-7202, the Super-Speed USB 3.0
is the next revolution in I/O interconnect standards that will works up
to 5 Gbps data transfer when connecting to USB 3.0 compliant
peripherals, with 10 times faster throughput than USB 2.0 standard, and
maintaining compatibility with existing USB 2.0 or USB 1.1 peripheral
The board based on the NEC μPD720200 Universal Serial Bus 3.0 host
controller (The first USB 3.0 controller chip), which complies with
Universal Serial Bus 3.0 Specification, and Intel’s eXtensible Host
Controller Interface (xHCI), It supports Low-speed (1.5Mbps)/
Full-speed (12Mbps)/ High-speed (480Mbps)/ Super-speed (5Gbps) data
rate, and supports all USB compliant data transfer type.
The MPX-7202 PCI Express mini card supports dual-port Super-speed USB
3.0, with its high speeds, Plug-n-Play, and more power output (maximum
900mA) to USB device that will benefit computer peripherals in many of
the applications such as Human-Interface devices, new Mass Storage
Device, digital cameras, networking, video devices.
1) PCI Express Mini Card compliant, Complies with RoHS.
2) Onboard PCI Express NEC μPD720200 USB 3.0 Host controller.
3) Compliant with USB 3.0 Spec. Revision 1.0 and xHCI Spec. Revision 0.96.
4) Expands two external USB 3.0 Super-speed ports.
5) Built-in power connector for receiving extra power supply from system.
6) Support USB legacy function.
7) Each USB port supplies maximum +5V/ 900mA power output with fuse over current protection.
8) Driver supports for Windows XP, Vista and 7.