Gravity Applications today is pleased to announce the release of Tags version 2 for Mac OS X. Tags allows users to tag all their files on their Mac, such as files and folders in the finder, emails in Mail, photos in iPhoto, bookmarks in Safari, etc., directly from within the application. It allows the user to associate files of different types to one another with ease and without creating duplicates. Users can apply many different tags to a single file, as well as apply the same tag to multiple files. This allows users to associate files to one another in a way far superior to a rigid file / folder structure.
With Tags, users can quickly find files irrespective of file type or where they were saved. Tags can be invoked with a simple keystroke in most applications so that users can Tag files and search for Tags, wherever they are.
* Tag files directly in all supported applications
* Enhanced Spotlight Search Interface
* Browse tagged items with Quick Look previews
Tags 2 works natively with all applications that properly support Applescript. The following are popular apps that are fully supported:
* Browsers: Safari, FireFox, Camino
* Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator
* Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
* iWork (Pages, Keynote)
* Omnioutliner, Omnigraffle
* iPhoto, iTunes
* and many more….
What’s new in Version 2:
* New Search interface: Replaces the standard spotlight interface and adds tags search support
* Tag Browser: Designed to give users a way to manipulate existing tags on their system, including common tasks such as removing and renaming tags, as well as browsing associated files.
* More applications supported: Tags 2 now supports Adobe applications, as well as Mailplane and Firefox
Pricing and Availability:
Tags is available for $29.00 (USD). A free trial is available for download from the Gravity Applications website.