Following up on the recent Nokia N97 update, an update for its very similar Nokia N97 Mini Symbian-based smartphone has also been released. This is actually quite similar to the one that the original N97 received, though it does throw in a few additional tweaks.
What’s In This Update
This update brings the N97 Mini up to firmware v11.0.045, and it addresses a few items found since the last major update (v11).
Some of the enhancements include:
* More free RAM after boot
* Improved call reliability
* Browser improvements
* Music Player improvements
* Image and Video Stability improvements
* and more
Similar to the N97’s update earlier this week, this update optimizes the internal RAM, so the usual procedure of just updating should be appended to include a reset and reinstalling of content and applications.
* Making a backup of the device is recommended. Backups can be performed on the device with the File Manager application or by using PC/Ovi Suite on a PC;
* Make sure that the battery is fully charged before performing the update no matter what method (NSU or OTA) is used;
* When restoring from the backup, do not restore the previous device Settings. Doing so may cause conflicts with the newer firmware and older application. Its recommended to re-download and reinstall third party applications versus restoring them from a backup.
Users can download the v11.0.045 update via the Nokia Software Updater (NSU) application. OTA (over-the-air) updates are expected to be rolled out by region and carrier over the coming days/weeks.
For more information about the Nokia N97 Mini, visit the Nokia website.