Hooked In Motion today is pleased to announce iCollect Movies 2.0
for iPhone and iPod touch. iCollect Movies allows home movie watchers
to scan in their movies using the barcode on the back of the case and
obtain detailed information about each movie. Version 2.0 of iCollect
Movies adds a huge amount of functionality including Actors/Directors
support, coverflow, IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes links, a loaned out
feature, and more.
iCollect Movies 2.0 adds a huge amount of new functionality from the
direct feedback and requests from its users. Taking a mobile movie
cataloging app to the next level, the latest version of iCollect Movies
fills in the gaps that the previous versions left out. Continuing to
utilize Occipital’s RedLaser SDK barcode scanner for the iPhone, the
app has become very robust and fully-featured.
Some of the new major features include the ability to view your
movies in new views, such as Coverflow and Library view. Users can also
keep track of who they’ve loaned movies out to. The ability to add
information about actors, directors, audio type, subtitles, purchase
date and value, and give movies a personal star rating has also been
included in this new version.
iCollect Movies 2.0 Highlights:
* Scan in your movies via UPC using the built-in camera.
* Manually type in the UPC.
* Manual entry with no barcode.
* Spiders Google and our own servers for a cover and information about a title.
* If no information is present, take your own picture and type in the details and add it to our server for others to use.
* Use a picture from anywhere on the web for your covers.
* Use a picture from your Photo Library.
* IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes links
* Add it to your library. Sort by Blu-ray, DVD, or customize your filter bar right from the main screen.
* Tab badges allow you to quickly see how many movies you own.
* Sift quickly through your catalog using the index.
* Library view.
* Shake for random movie.
* Sort without The and A option.
* Loan your movies out and keep track of who has what using your contacts list or custom entry.
* See movies you’ve never watched or watched a long time ago using the "Last Watched" feature.
* Entry for purchased value and date.
* Options for Actors, Directors, Regions, Audio, Subtitles, and more!
* Customs which information is displayed in your movie cells.
* Add a movie to a wishlist if you know you want to buy it in the future.
* Email out your wishlists to family and friends for holidays and birthdays.
* Already ordered a movie but don’t have it yet? Add it as a preorder. Add the release date as well.
* Incredible search capabilities. Browse through your library in a
whole new way. Want to see all movies you have that star Steve Martin?
Easy. Want to see all of your Japanese movies only? Easy.
* Video tutorial for help.
* A LOT more!
"iCollect Movies 2.0 takes collecting and cataloging movies to a
whole new level." said Ethan C. Allen, Hooked In Motion’s founder and
CEO. "We really listened and responded to our users feedback on this.
They wanted very specific features, and we took what they wanted the
most and added it right into the app. I think everyone is going to be
very happy with the new version. The customization you can now do with
the app really adds a whole new dimension. It’s absolutely perfect for
an unplanned movie night or to show off your collection to a guest."
* iPhone and iPod touch
* Requires iPhone OS 3.1 or later
* 1.0 MB
Pricing and Availability:
iCollect Movies 2.0 is $2.99 (USD) and available exclusively through the App Store in the Reference category.