AMD is preparing to deliver its first processors with integrated Turbo Core Technology. They are five in number, carrying four or six cores by model.
Direct competitor of Intel’s Turbo Boost technology, the Turbo feature Core AMD ‘s permit, when three cores are active, reduced to only 800 MHz operating frequency of inactive cores and increase of a few hundred megahertz that of those assets.
The maneuver can continue to enjoy comfortable performance without necessarily apply all hearts, which reduces a significant consumer of energy.
Processors to four or six cores compatible Turbo Core which will open the ball to five. Here are their names and characteristics:
- AMD Phenom X4 II 960T: 3.0 / 3.4 GHz, 6 MB L3 cache: 95 Watts TDP
- AMD Phenom II X6 1035T: 2.6 / 3.1 GHz, 6 MB L3 cache: 125 Watt TDP
- AMD Phenom II X6 1045T: 2.8 / 3.3 GHz, 6 MB L3 cache: TDP 95 / 125 Watts
- AMD Phenom II X6 1075T: 3.0 / 3.5 GHz, 6 MB L3 cache: 125 Watt TDP
- AMD Phenom II X6 1090T: 3.2 / 3.6 GHz, 6 MB L3 cache: 125 Watt TDP
Scheduled for the second quarter, with the exception of model II X6 Phenom 1045T that was scheduled for the third quarter, the 45-nm processors etched exploit AM2 + / AM3 and will be linked to the type of DDR3 RAM. It remains to find out the rates, unknown at present.