Pioneer Sweeps Five Categories at the 25th Annual International Dance Music Awards.
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. Professional Sound and Visual Division (Pioneer DJ) announced that it won five awards at the 2010 Winter Music Conference held in March, including the prestigious Manufacturer of the Year and Best New Product awards for its new CDJ-2000 professional multi player. Pioneer DJ won awards for Best Headphone, Best CD player, Best Mixer, Best New Product and Best Manufacturer categories. These honors emphasize Pioneer’s role as a technology innovator that is committed to furthering the industry and bringing an incomparable experience to all facets of the DJ entertainment industry.
The WMC’s week-long gathering in Miami, FL is regarded as the premiere networking event in the dance music industry where top international artists, DJs, producers and industry professionals converge from over 62 countries. More than 70,000 visitors partake in the biggest dance events of the year including workshops, performances, product launches and release parties. Organizations also recognize exceptional products and innovative technologies from the previous year.
“It’s a great honor to be recognized for the products and technologies we work so hard to develop. Our goal at Pioneer is to create the most advanced entertainment products that fit the needs of aspiring and professional DJs, nightclubs and nightclub designers,” said Matt Dever, vice president for the Professional Sound and Visual Division of Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc.
Pioneer won the following coveted IDMA industry awards:
- Best Manufacturer: Winner – Pioneer DJ – Pioneer was recognized for outstanding contributions to the advancement of the industry. Often regarded as the “industry standard,” Pioneer solidified its position as a true innovator and visionary in the business.
- Best New Product: Winner – CDJ-2000 – Available in late 2009, the CDJ-2000 is a multi-format digital media player with features that put the performance back into the art of DJing and reduce the need for laptops to access music files. DJs of all experience levels can enhance their mixing and scratching capabilities using proprietary technologies such as rekordbox™1 music management, Pro DJ Link, Needle Search and USB and SD card connectivity.
- Best Mixer: Winner – DJM-800 – Pioneer’s industry standard mixer provides high quality audio and mixing versatility. The DJM-800 incorporates features recommended by many professional DJs and club engineers, raising the bar on sound fidelity and ease of mixer operation.
- Best CD Player: Winner – CDJ-1000MK3 – The highly regarded CDJ-1000MK3 digital media player offers playback of MP3 files that puts more control into the hands of DJs. Features include jog feel adjustments, hot looping / re-looping, and improved track and wave data display to provide DJs with enhanced mixing and scratching capabilities to sharpen their craft.
- Best Headphones: Winner – HDJ-2000 – Perfect for use in DJ environments and studios, the HDJ-2000 is Pioneer’s highest performance headphone, providing exceptional sound that clearly and accurately reproduces audio, comfortable fit to minimize fatigue from long periods of use and high durability that withstands demanding conditions.
Pioneer offers a complete line of professional DJ Equipment through its Professional Sound & Visual Division. Its DJM series of mixers has become an industry standard at clubs, studios, mobile rigs and homes around the world, known for its high quality sound and reliability. For more information, visit www.pioneerdj.com. Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. is headquartered in Long Beach, Calif., and its U.S. Web address is www.pioneerelectronics.com. Its parent company, Pioneer Corporation, established in Tokyo in 1938, is a preeminent manufacturer of high-performance audio, video and computer equipment for the home, car and business markets.