Business-Driven IT Management Connects Technology, Business, and IT for Greater Business Value, IT Efficiency and Agility.
- Delivering the industry’s most comprehensive business-driven IT management capabilities, Oracle® Enterprise Manager 11g helps maximize business agility and productivity through an integrated approach to IT management.
- Oracle Enterprise Manager 11g introduces:
- Business-driven application management—enables IT to be more responsive to business priorities and deliver greater business value by managing to key metrics for user experience and business transactions.
- Integrated application-to-disk management—simplifies management through eliminating the need to use multiple tools at every layer of the stack – from packaged applications through middleware, database, operating system, virtualization, and hardware – and helps maximize return on IT investment.
- Integrated systems management and support—allows IT to be more proactive than ever before through knowledge sharing with Oracle support and the broader Oracle community, which translates into more satisfied and productive users and more efficient IT operations.
Business-Driven Application Management; Delivers Greater Business Value:
- Provides IT with an in-depth business perspective, with the ability to directly monitor and manage the experience of business users, their business transactions and application interactions.
- Oracle Enterprise Manager 11g enables improved business productivity, and helps IT to fuel business innovation and growth through:
- User Experience Management: The new release 6.5 of Oracle Real User Experience Insight, a key feature of Oracle Enterprise Manager 11g, provides performance and usage statistics for real and synthetic transactions, as well as integrated diagnostics for Oracle’s Siebel CRM, the Oracle E-Business Suite, and Java technology-based applications – all accessible from a single console.
- Business Transaction Management: Automatically discovers transactions, including the business content from the transaction; provides end-to-end visibility for in-flight transactions that span different IT tiers and different applications, including long-running transactions; provides crucial context to understand business impact and enables proactive issue resolution.
- Business Service Management: Comprehensive service dashboards automatically discover business services, such as billing and shipping, and provide end-to-end performance analysis and diagnostics through a deep understanding of service implementations.
Integrated Application-to-Disk Management; Simplifies Management Environment; Enables Improved ROI:
- Complete management of the Oracle stack, including tools to manage Oracle Applications, Oracle Fusion Middleware, Oracle Database, Oracle Solaris, Oracle Enterprise Linux, Oracle VM, and Oracle’s Sun Servers. This enables IT to quickly identify root cause and, in many cases, automatically resolve issues.
- Additionally, these capabilities help eliminate multiple point tools, for a simplified management environment and help customers achieve faster return on IT investment
- Highlights include:
- Comprehensive Middleware Management: This release delivers enhanced support for managing Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g, including full configuration management and provisioning for large-scale Oracle SOA Suite and Oracle WebLogic Server environments. Oracle WebLogic Server is often used in an “application grid” environment, or as the foundation for a private cloud. Oracle Enterprise Manager 11g can greatly simplify the management and provisioning of such deployments.
- New Database Management Capabilities: Providing full support for Oracle Database 11g Release 2, including compression, change detection, partitioning, diagnostics, and tuning. Oracle Exadata-aware SQL monitoring and I/O resource management for Oracle Exadata Version 2 is also featured.
- Extensive Hardware, Virtualization and Operating System Management: Oracle Enterprise Manager Ops Center, for managing Sun hardware and Oracle Solaris, covers the entire lifecycle of physical and virtual Sun environments including Oracle VM for SPARC (formerly known as Logical Domains or LDoms) and Solaris Containers, enabling customers to maximize the utilization of their Sun systems.
- Application Quality Management: New Oracle Application Testing Suite Release 9.1, automates test script generation based on real user actions; provides access to middleware diagnostics during load test to help identify performance bottlenecks; provides a new testing accelerator to simplify testing of applications based on Oracle ADF; and offers a new test starter kit for Oracle E-Business Suite R12 applications, to help reduce testing effort.
"Traditional systems management products don’t address the complexities of modern data centers. They create islands of automation but do not provide a holistic, integrated picture of the health of the entire IT stack,” said Richard Sarwal, Oracle senior vice president Product Development. “Oracle Enterprise Manager 11g helps IT deliver greater business value, in addition to greater IT efficiency and productivity. With the ability to closely support business goals, IT can become a strategic value-add to the success of an organization.”
“In order to optimize its costs while maintaining the quality of IT services… IT will have to behave as a distinct corporate entity — the IT enterprise — rather than a pure divisional cost center within the enterprise. These new initiatives will require information that supports global business-based decisions instead of limited tactical technology ones. Consequently, the IT management software market will have to evolve from its pure operational role to a more strategic and business-oriented one,” as stated in ”Market Projections For 2010: IT Management Software,” Forrester Research, Inc., February, 2010..