Harnessing the Power of Enterprise 2.0 to Transform the Customer Experience.
- My Oracle Support Community, Oracle’s new online collaborating portal, was announced today.
- The latest addition to the My Oracle Support platform, My Oracle Support Community is a powerful Web 2.0-based collaboration environment where customers can access the latest product and support information, learn about best-practices, participate in discussions and exchange knowledge with an extensive network of peers and Oracle experts.
- By offering real-time collaboration and knowledge exchange, My Oracle Support Community helps customers accelerate business value from Oracle solutions, lower the cost of ownership and resolve problems faster.
Web 2.0 Features Tap Power of Community to Deliver Value:
- My Oracle Support Community is an integrated, multi-channel online collaboration portal that leverages the latest Web 2.0 technologies to provide access to a vast knowledge repository in real-time.
- It taps into multiple existing networks — such as Oracle Technology Network (OTN) and Oracle Partner Network (OPN) — to extend the Oracle Community and enrich the overall customer experience by maintaining the expertise and contributions of its members across the entire Oracle Community.
- Customers can collaborate in one or multiple Oracle Support Communities, connecting with members who share common interests and gaining access to real-time information on specific products, hot topic areas, executive updates, news and events.
- Features of My Oracle Support Community include:
- Discussion Forums. Allow customers to post questions and raise issues and have the entire community network respond.
- Document Exchange. Facilitates collaborative knowledge sharing of best practices, tips, white papers and case studies, and enables users to receive feedback and comments from both Oracle experts and industry peers.
- People Finder. Enables users to connect with individuals with similar interests or product scenarios and expand their trusted network.
- Tagging and Search. Makes locating and accessing knowledge and information easy based on a key word or tag.
- Private Messaging. Allows users to confer with peers and/or Oracle experts on an individual basis on topics that require additional privacy.
- News and Events. Offers easy access to the latest news and events from Oracle, as well as from Community peers.
- Feedback and Ideas. Allows Community members to expand their “Voice on Oracle,” providing feedback and ideas to the company.
- User Reputation. Showcases Community member contributions, enabling more active users and key contributors who receive positive feedback from peers to be recognized and highlighted.
- “My Oracle Support Community draws upon the power of Web 2.0 and the collective knowledge of the entire Oracle Community to help customers maximize the value and success of their Oracle solutions,” said Juergen Rottler, Oracle Executive Vice President, Global Customer Services. “The new Community capabilities further enhance our industry leading My Oracle Support platform.”
- “My Oracle Support Community takes knowledge sharing to the next level for customer support, bringing the power of Web 2.0 such as discussions and Podcasts to valuable support topics and issues”, said Steve Romeo, BREG Vice President of IT. “Oracle’s new capability empowers and connects me with a vast community of peers and Oracle experts. The impact to BREG IT is helping to achieve levels of productivity previously unattainable, and ultimately driving even more success with our Oracle investments.”
- “A positive move by Oracle to elevate the overall customer support experience”, said Balaji Rangaswamy, IKON Office Solutions, Inc. Vice President Enterprise Solutions. “We work with Oracle because of its leadership to continuously provide innovative products in the support industry. My Oracle Support Community demonstrates this with real-time collaboration of knowledge sharing, and Oracle moderated industry peer exchange enabling faster support issue resolution. By adding more value into support products, Oracle is further helping IKON to be successful with our technology investment.”