– The Free 2X CloudClient OS Easily Converts PCs, Netbooks, Laptops and Thin
Clients to Cloud Clients
2X Software today announced the release of its Linux-based 2X CloudClient
Its simplicity makes the 2X CCOS one of the world’s most user-friendly
operating systems, allowing users access to applications, virtual desktops and
the Internet from PCs, laptops and thin client devices. It converts PCs,
notebooks, netbooks, thin clients and other devices into clients that instantly
deliver web applications, virtual desktops and published applications directly
to where they are needed. The 2X CCOS installs to USB devices, CDs, local hard
drives and as a network boot OS via PXE boot.
"With the experience we have gained in the thin client OS market, we are
proud to release the first hardware-independent cloud and VDI-focused OS,"
explains Paul Gafa, 2X Software’s Chief Technology
Nikolaos Makris, CEO of 2X Software, added that
"in the future, we are planning to replace the desktop-like user experience with
easily predefined remote connections, much like television channels. This will
make the 2X CCOS the fastest, simplest and most compatible way to connect to any
VDI or cloud infrastructure."
How does 2X CloudClient work:
Go to http://www.2x.com/ccos and instantly install your FREE
personal 2X CloudClient operating system on a USB stick no larger than 512 MB.
Your portable cloud client operating system can then be run from any computer
that can boot from a USB device, allowing you to instantly connect to hosted
virtual desktop, applications, like eg. Google Apps, Mirosoft HyperV or VMWare.
It’s your own personal cloud client that you can carry in your pocket.
Alternatively you can burn the 2X CloudClient OS on a bootable CDRom or
install it on a local HD and even run it as a Network Boot OS from you local
- Supports Web applications, such as Google Apps, Microsoft Live, Web browsers, and more.
- Includes virtual desktop and application clients, such as Microsoft RDP VMware View, Citrix XenApp and the 2X VirtualDesktopServer Client client.
- Installs and boots from any type of USB device, or from a CDROM and hard drive.
- Converts standard PC’s, laptops, netbooks or thin clients to a cloud device.
Try To download the FREE 2X CloudClient OS today, please visit: 2X
CloudClient OS Download.