Companies Introduce New Integrated Cloud Delivery Platform to Enable Automation of Large-Scale Cloud Computing Infrastructures.
Cisco and BMC Software today announced a strategic alliance to develop and market new solutions for large-scale multi-tenant cloud computing infrastructures. Under the alliance, the two companies are aligning product development roadmaps and technology architectures to offer worldwide customers a complete suite of solutions that simplify and automate the delivery of cloud services. As part of the alliance, Cisco and BMC announced the availability of a new cloud solution, the Integrated Cloud Delivery Platform, that is designed to meet the requirements of service providers and large-scale private cloud computing environments. This new joint solution helps cloud providers easily deploy end-to-end cloud services running on a cloud computing infrastructure that spans data center networks, computing systems, storage and applications.
Key Facts and Highlights:
Alliance Seeks to Deliver Highly Secure, Scalable, Multi-Tenant Cloud Computing
- Under this strategic alliance, Cisco and BMC are building on their cloud expertise to align product roadmaps, technology architectures and development efforts to offer a complete suite of cloud service delivery solutions.
- Cisco and BMC are supporting these solutions with joint marketing, services, sales, testing and certification activities to accelerate the adoption of the cloud solutions.
- Cisco brings to the alliance its depth of understanding of how customers build services on Cisco’s industry-leading IP network and unified computing infrastructure technology, as well as relationships with the world’s largest global carriers and internet service providers.
- BMC, with its long standing leadership in Business Service Management, brings innovative software solutions that dynamically link cloud and information technology (IT) services to the changing needs of the business.
- Building on their existing joint solutions, Cisco will also resell BMC’s Service Assurance and Compliance solutions as an option on the Cisco Unified Computing System.
Integrated Cloud Delivery Platform Enables Faster Deployment of New Cloud Services
- The Integrated Cloud Delivery Platform helps large-scale cloud providers to eliminate many of the complex, manual steps required to set up and provision a cloud computing service, enabling greater end-to-end simplicity across the cloud network.
- The joint solution from BMC Software and Cisco is built on new levels of integration of BMC’s Cloud LifeCycle Management (CLM), a comprehensive cloud computing software orchestration and management solution, with Cisco’s data center networking, compute, and storage solutions.
- The integrated system is designed to operate in large-scale private, public and hybrid cloud environments.
- For service providers, the Integrated Cloud Delivery Platform combines Cisco’s Unified Service Delivery solution with BMC’s CLM capabilities to deliver breakthroughs in efficiency, time-to-market, service quality, reduced complexity and improved compliance.
- End-to-end Cloud Services: In a single integrated solution, cloud providers can deploy end-to-end cloud services running on a cloud computing infrastructure that spans applications networks, computing and storage
- "One Click" Provisioning of New Cloud Services: Using this platform, cloud providers can automate and optimize the initial provisioning and configuration of new cloud offerings.
- Secure, Multi-tenant Clouds: Using a highly-secure network container architecture, the Cisco and BMC joint solution automates physical and virtual partitioning of multi-tenant cloud infrastructure, including the intelligent placement of containers based on size and security needs. Load balancing, firewalls and class-of-service management can be automatically attached to each container.
- "Self-Service" Cloud Management Portal: A single integrated portal enables service providers to offer their customers a "self-service" management model for the cloud infrastructure to respond more quickly to their changing business needs. Through the portal, cloud services can be quickly and easily set up and torn down to conduct ongoing management of applications and services that dynamically change infrastructure.
- Simplified Operations: The Integrated Cloud Delivery Platform seamlessly integrates the planning, provisioning, assurance, compliance and governance of public and private cloud infrastructures to increase the quality of ongoing "Day 2" cloud service delivery.
Supporting Executive Quotes:
Bob Beauchamp, chairman, and CEO for BMC Software
"As cloud computing evolves from a strategic idea to a business reality, companies are quickly discovering the complexities of deploying and managing cloud solutions in a hybrid data center. BMC’s alliance with Cisco will enable our customers with large-scale cloud computing environments to make mission-critical cloud services a practical reality for their demanding businesses and customers. IT organizations can be more nimble, cost-efficient, scalable, and, most importantly, better aligned to the business."
Padmasree Warrior, CTO and senior vice president and general manager, Enterprise, Commercial and Small Business for Cisco
"Cisco and BMC have a common vision for advancing Cloud computing with unified infrastructure combined with seamless management. The Integrated Cloud Delivery Platform enables our customers to deploy end-to-end IT services running on a cloud infrastructure that spans networks, systems, storage and applications."